Open / Closed in the Park:
See the Parkway Police Twitter feed for updates.
|Allison Park: Open daylight hours. Restrooms closed for season.|
|Alpine Boat Basin: Closed for season.|
|Alpine Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Pavilion restrooms closed for season (parking plaza restrooms remain open). Kearney House closed for season.|
|Englewood Boat Basin: Please contact J.M. Englewood Marina: 201-568-1328.|
|Englewood Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Snack Shack closed for season.|
|Fort Lee Historic Park: Grounds open daylight hours. Metered parking (year-round, click here for rates). Visitor Center open Weds. to Sun., 10 AM – 4:45 PM. 201-461-1776.|
|Greenbrook Sanctuary: Open daylight hours (membership required). 201-784-0484.|
|Hazard’s Ramp: Closed for season.|
|Henry Hudson Drive: Conditions permitting, Fort Lee to Englewood open daylight hours. Englewood to Alpine closed to motor vehicles for season.|
|Palisades Interstate Parkway in New Jersey: Open 24 hrs.|
|Park Headquarters: Administrative offices open Mon. to Fri., 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM except New Jersey State holidays. 201-768-1360. Parkway Police desk staffed at all times: 201-768-6001. Click here for Court information.
|Ross Dock Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Restrooms closed for season (Port-A-Johns available).|
|State Line Lookout: Grounds open daylight hours. Lookout Inn (State Line Cafe & bookshop) open 9:30 AM – 5 PM. 201-750-0465.|
|Trails: Open daylight hours. Trail construction with intermittent closures this winter on the Shore Trail between Ross Dock and Englewood.|
|Undercliff Picnic Area: Open daylight hours.|
Sidebar last updated:
February 10, 2017.
The information posted here is subject to change without notice.
Allison Park is an 8-acre scenic cliff-top park area overlooking the Hudson River in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, with paved walkways, ornamental gardens, restrooms, and drinking fountains. Allison Park is just south of St. Peter’s College, with access for hikers from the Long Path and for pedestrians, cyclists, and cars via Allison Park Road from Hudson Terrace (directions). There is no fee for admission or parking.
Grounds are open year-round during daylight hours. Restrooms are closed from November through April. Picnicking is permitted, but tables are not provided. Barbecues are not permitted. Pets are not permitted, and bicycles are not permitted beyond the parking area.
GPS: 40.870044, -73.952497
For current hours of operation at Allison Park, please check the sidebar >
Allison Park was named for William O. Allison (1849–1924), the first mayor of Englewood Cliffs and a leader in preserving Palisades lands. Allison once had an estate here (some of the buildings from his estate are still standing, though the main house burned in 1903).
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace and St. Peter’s College (the school’s main campus is in Jersey City) own the property just north of Allison Park — the only private property along the Palisades summit from Fort Lee to the New York state line.
- Learn more about William O. Allison in “Allison’s Will.”
Click to download an advisory for park visitors (about ticks, poison ivy, and other concerns).
Virtual Tour of Allison Park