At this time of year, it is common to encounter what may appear to be sick, injured, or orphaned young animals in the park. Most often, these animals are fine and should be left alone!
Please click here to learn more.
Open / Closed in the Park:
Alpine Approach Road south of Park Headquarters is CLOSED TO ALL USE for major road reconstruction.
Projected reopening: May 1 (weather and other factors permitting – please check back for updates).
Due to hazardous conditions, this closure will be strictly enforced. Violators are subject to summonses.
Check the Parkway Police Twitter feed for emergency updates on roads and other conditions in the Palisades Interstate Park in New Jersey.
NOTE: THE PARK’S SPRING OPERATING SEASON BEGINS MAY 1
|Allison Park: Open daylight hours.|
|Alpine Boat Basin: Closed for season.|
|Alpine Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. No motor vehicle access until reopening of Henry Hudson Drive. All restrooms closed for season. Kearney House closed for season.|
|Englewood Boat Basin: Please contact J.M. Englewood Marina: 201-568-1328.|
|Englewood Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Snack Shack open 10 AM – 4 PM Tues. – Fri., 10 AM – 6 PM weekends (closed Mondays).|
|Fort Lee Historic Park: Grounds open daylight hours. Metered parking (year-round, click here for rates). Visitor Center open Weds. to Sun., 10 AM – 4:45 PM. 201-461-1776.|
|Greenbrook Sanctuary: Open daylight hours (membership required). 201-784-0484.|
|Hazard’s Ramp: Open daylight hours.|
|Henry Hudson Drive: Edgewater park entrance to Englewood Cliffs park entrance open daylight hours. Alpine Approach Road south of Park Headquarters CLOSED TO ALL USE (projected reopening: May 1). Englewood to Alpine CLOSED TO MOTOR VEHICLES for construction (projected reopening: May 1).|
|Palisades Interstate Parkway in New Jersey: Open 24 hrs.|
|Park Headquarters: Administrative offices open Mon. to Fri., 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM except New Jersey State holidays. 201-768-1360. Parkway Police desk staffed at all times: 201-768-6001. Click here for Court information.
|Ross Dock Picnic Area: Open daylight hours.|
|State Line Lookout: Grounds open daylight hours. Lookout Inn (State Line Cafe & bookshop) open 9:30 AM – 5 PM. 201-750-0465.|
|Trails: Open daylight hours. Trail construction with intermittent closures on the Shore Trail between Ross Dock and Englewood.|
|Undercliff Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. No motor vehicle access until reopening of Henry Hudson Drive.|
Last updated April 21, 2017 (subject to change without notice).
New Jersey Park Headquarters houses the Parkway Police and Parkway Police Court and, upstairs, the New Jersey offices of the Palisades Interstate Park Commission. The Park Headquarters building is at the Alpine park entrance at Exit 2 of the Palisades Interstate Parkway at the top of Alpine Approach Road in Alpine, New Jersey.
GPS: 40.952950, -73.920458
Bicycles, Cars & Motorcycles:
- From the Alpine park entrance on U.S. Route 9W, at light about 1 mi. north of Closter Dock Road: Turn east on Alpine Approach Road. Go beneath two overpass bridges, then bear right (south). Park Headquarters will be on the left.
Cars & Motorcycles Only (no bicycles):
- From northbound Palisades Interstate Parkway: Take Exit 2, U.S. Route 9W, Alpine, Closter. Stay straight off the exit (south). Park Headquarters will be on the left.
- From southbound Palisades Interstate Parkway: Take Exit 2, U.S. Route 9W, Alpine, Closter. Turn right (north) on U.S. Route 9W. Immediately turn right (east) at the first light, Alpine Approach Road. Go beneath two overpass bridges, then bear right (south). Park Headquarters will be on the left.
By Public Transportation:
- For bus information, see main directions page.
- If headed northbound, best stop is Audrey Urban Court in Alpine, New Jersey, then a short walk north to Alpine Approach Road and directions as above.
- If headed southbound, best stop is Timberline Drive in Alpine, New Jersey, then a short walk south to Alpine Approach Road and directions as above.
Click to download these directions, including a map.