Open / Closed in the Park:
See the Parkway Police Twitter feed for updates.
|Allison Park: Open daylight hours. Restrooms closed for season.|
|Alpine Boat Basin: Closed for season.|
|Alpine Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Pavilion restrooms closed for season (parking plaza restrooms remain open). Kearney House closed for season.|
|Englewood Boat Basin: Please contact J.M. Englewood Marina: 201-568-1328.|
|Englewood Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Snack Shack closed for season.|
|Fort Lee Historic Park: Grounds open daylight hours. Metered parking (year-round, click here for rates). Visitor Center open Weds. to Sun., 10 AM – 4:45 PM. 201-461-1776.|
|Greenbrook Sanctuary: Open daylight hours (membership required). 201-784-0484.|
|Hazard’s Ramp: Closed for season.|
|Henry Hudson Drive: Conditions permitting, Fort Lee to Englewood open daylight hours. Englewood to Alpine closed to motor vehicles for season.|
|Palisades Interstate Parkway in New Jersey: Open 24 hrs.|
|Park Headquarters: Administrative offices open Mon. to Fri., 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM except New Jersey State holidays. 201-768-1360. Parkway Police desk staffed at all times: 201-768-6001. Click here for Court information.
|Ross Dock Picnic Area: Open daylight hours. Restrooms closed for season (Port-A-Johns available).|
|State Line Lookout: Grounds open daylight hours. Lookout Inn (State Line Cafe & bookshop) open 9:30 AM – 5 PM. 201-750-0465.|
|Trails: Open daylight hours. Trail construction with intermittent closures this winter on the Shore Trail between Ross Dock and Englewood.|
|Undercliff Picnic Area: Open daylight hours.|
Sidebar last updated:
February 10, 2017.
The information posted here is subject to change without notice.
Old Route 9W is a 1.5 mi. remnant of a concrete-surface highway constructed in 1926. Now closed to motor-vehicle traffic, it provides access for bicycles and pedestrians to State Line Lookout. It is open daylight hours, conditions permitting.
From the State Line Lookout brochure:
In horse-and-wagon days, a road called “the Boulevard” ran north–south along the summit of the Palisades. This dirt road was lined by cliff-top estates and it connected with rugged roads on which farm goods were taken to docks on the river below. In 1926, a concrete-paved highway replaced the Boulevard; this became U.S. Route 9W. The park operated a filling station at the Lookout and a policeman controlled a traffic light here on nice weekend days to help people cross the busy highway to the viewpoints. With the construction of the Palisades Interstate Parkway in the 1950s, Route 9W was shifted to the west. Part of the 1926 highway is still used as the entrance road to the Lookout from the Parkway; north of the Lookout, the old highway is now closed to traffic and enjoyed by pedestrians and cyclists.
- Learn more about the history of the State Line area in “Welcome to Lookout Inn” and “Hidden on the Mountain.”